● Data controller: Samantha Turner
● How we collect or obtain information about you:
○ when you provide it to us (e.g. by contacting us and/or signing up to download a free Wedding Guide)
○ from your use of our website, using cookies, and
○ occasionally from third parties.
● Information we collect: name, contact details, IP address, information from cookies, information about your computer or device (e.g. device and browser type), information about how you use our website (e.g. which pages you have viewed, the time when you view them and what you clicked on, the geographical location from which you accessed our website (based on your IP address), company name or business name (if applicable) and VAT number (if applicable).
● How we use your information: for administrative and business purposes (particularly to contact you), to improve our business, products and website, to fulfil our contractual obligations, to advertise our goods and services, to analyse your use of our website, and in connection with our legal rights and obligations.
● Disclosure of your information to third parties: only to the extent necessary to run our business, to our service providers, to fulfil any contracts we enter into with you, where required by law or to enforce our legal rights.
● Do we sell your information to third parties (other than in the course of a business sale or purchase or similar event): No.
● How long we retain your information: for no longer than necessary, taking into account any legal obligations we have (e.g. to maintain records for tax purposes), any other legal basis we have for using your information (e.g. your consent, performance of a contract with you or our legitimate interests as a business). For specific retention periods in relation to certain information which we collect from you, please see the main section below entitled How long we retain your information.
● How we secure your information: using appropriate technical and organisational measures such as storing your information on secure servers, encrypting transfers of data to or from our servers using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology, only granting access to your information where necessary.
● Transfers of your information outside the European Economic Area: in certain circumstances we may transfer your information outside of the European Economic Area, including to the following countries: United States of America. Where we do so, we will ensure appropriate safeguards are in place, the third parties we use who transfer your information outside the European Economic Area have self-certified themselves as compliant with the EUU.S. Privacy Shield.
● Use of automated decision making and profiling: we use automated decision making and/or profiling. This may include Facebook Advertising, Google AdSense tracking which we may use for retargeting and/or online banner advertising.
● Your rights in relation to your information
○ to access your information and to receive information about its use
○ to have your information corrected and/or completed
○ to have your information deleted
○ to restrict the use of your information
○ to receive your information in a portable format
○ to object to the use of your information
○ to withdraw your consent to the use of your information
○ to complain to a supervisory authority
● Sensitive personal information: we do not knowingly or intentionally collect what is commonly referred to as ‘sensitive personal information’. Please do not submit sensitive personal information about you to us. For more information, please see the main section below entitled Sensitive Personal Information.
The data controller in respect of our website and business is Turner & Lambert Limited. (company registration number: 8856133 of Registered Address of Martels Wedding & Events Village, Martels Industrial Estate, High Easter Road, Barnston, Dunmow CM6 1NA. You can contact the data controller by writing to Turner & Lambert Limited at the same address or sending an email to [email protected]
What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
name, company and job title
contact information including email address
demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
website visit information, pages visited, duration of visit, and other viewing information
We monitor and record telephone calls to the number(s) on our website. These are used to provide a better service to you and improve our business practices. By calling the number(s) on this website, you consent to the recording of the telephone call.
What We Do With The Information That We Gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping.
We may use the information to improve our products and services.
We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links To Other Websites
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
For use in Google Analytics and other services to track website traffic data, which is reported anonymously for analytical purposes. This allows us to understand how our website is used and to improve its efficiency.
To tailor our website to your specific needs.
For advertising, Ad Targeting and Remarketing purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Advertising, Ad Targeting and Remarketing and Your Opt-Out Options
We may use certain information to enable third party ad servers to show you ads based on information about you and your browsing behavior.
Our remarketing strategies may place banner ads on subsequent websites you visit. Clicking on these ads will direct you back to our website group.
We may use the Dynamic Ad Serving feature which uses the Teracent cookie. You can opt out of Dynamic Ad Serving cookies.
We may also use Google’s DoubleClick’s remarketing pixels. You can opt out of these on Google or opt out at the Network Advertising Initiative.
To find out more third party advertising and ad targeting, visit the Internet Advertising Bureau UK.
You can find a guide to behavioural advertising and find out how to avoid this by visiting Your Online Choices.
How You Can Control Cookies
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Find out more about controlling cookies at AboutCookies.org
Controlling Your Personal Information
By providing your personal information to our website you consent to being contacted for direct marketing purposes.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
Whenever you have completed a form on our website, you can indicate to us that you do not want the information to be used by us for direct marketing purposes by emailing [email protected].
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us at Martels Bridal Boutique, Martels Wedding & Events Village, High Easter Road, Barnston, CM6 1NA.