New Year, New You, New dress…
Congratulations if you got engaged over Christmas or if you’re getting married in 2020!
New Year’s resolutions come with a new meaning and extra resolve when it’s your wedding year.
Here are a few tips to get the ‘new year, new you’ up and running!
- You might want to take your usual healthy eating, gym routine, planning and organising routines up a notch in your wedding year. But don’t burn yourself out!
- Keep your mind healthy; meditation, yoga or some reflexology will keep you relaxed, focused and your wedding plans on track.
Martels can also help to keep you on track. Follow our new year tips that can help you leading up to your big day:-
- Come to Martels with your to-do list. We have so many suppliers (www.martelweddings.co.uk) from flowers, to invitations, magicians to photographers, suit hire to car hire and more… We have award winning wedding advice and it’s a great place to get started. Pop in for a chat and a browse and we’ll make you a cup of coffee and get you started.
- Look after yourself. Keep up your exercise and healthy eating patterns. And if you’re not in a routine, then now is a good time to start. It’s about keeping fit, strong, energised and glowing.
- According to ‘Brides’ magazine, January is the best time to buy a dress. New seasons stock arrives and samples are being sold off. Pop down to Martels Bridal Boutique (www.martelsbridal.co.uk), to see our new stock for 2020.
- Did you get engaged over Christmas? Congratulations! Find your venue first and then come and try some dresses on. We do Fizz Fridays; bring a bridesmaid-to-be or your Mum or both and check out our designer range.
- Are you getting married in the Summer? You need to get a jiggle on if you haven’t already bought your dress. February is last orders for summer weddings. You need 4 to 6 months between order date and the dress coming in, to get your shoes and time to have it fitted and any alterations done.
- If you’ve already got your dress, don’t forget your bridesmaids. We have Emma Bridal, Richard Designs and Kenneth Winston dresses available in every style and every colour imaginable. We also have a selection of flower girl dresses too.
- Have you thought about accessories? Check out our boleros, wraps, veils and tiaras. Read our nex blog for the low-down on accessories……Happy New Year!